Direct Steam Injection UHT/HTST
Designed for comparisons of heat treatment with either direct heating or indirect heating. The machine can be supplied with tubes, plates or both. Processing using either direct heating or indirect heating at temperatures to 152 deg C and flow rates from 10 to 40 litres per hour.
Easy changeover from direct heating or indirect heating by the touch of a button. Just select which system is to be used from the touch panel menu and the machine is ready to use.
Individual tubes are utilized to give a wide variety of heating and cooling duties. The tubes are manufactured to our own specification and are profiled to give turbulence at the low flow rates to enable scale up to production.
No bond Gasketed plate heat exchangers to give a wide variety of heating and cooling duties. The plates are manufactured to our own specification and can be supplied as 1 complete plate pack or individual units for easy maintenance.
- Flow rates from 10 to 40 Ltr per hour (Higher available by request).
- Highly accurate electromagnetic flowmeter as option.
- Product system pressures to 10 bar.
- Heating to 152 deg C at the flow rates stated.
- Cooling to below 5 deg C at the flow rates stated.
- Holding tubes of any time available and can be placed wherever needed.
- Built in refrigerator or your chilled water supply.
- Built in true CIP (Clean In Place), flow for CIP more than 500 Ltr per hour.
- Each heating section is individually controlled to enable a wide setting of product temperatures.
- 2 Electrically heated hot water recirculators.
- Touch panel control fascia with flow path of system.
- Vacuum pump to 400 mbar.
- PID controlled steam valve.
- SIP (Sterilise In Place) an option for Aseptic sampling.
- Aseptic sampling when used with the optional Clean Bench.
- In line homogeniser can be added either upstream or downstream.
- Level sensor in hopper for easy wash out after product and CIP.
- Computer interface with real time temperature recording.
- Static mixers optional for difficult products.
The machine is completely mobile, can be moved from one location to another very easily and can be positioned in a wet or dry area.
Each section is individually controlled and the flow path of the system is shown on the touch panel. The product is heated by pressurised hot water recirculators, or steam for the 2nd stage when using the direct heating, which are PID controlled for greater stability and accuracy. The cooling is in 1 or 2 stages dependant on the final cooling temperature required.
As standard a progressive cavity pump is used. Pump options are available depending on the products to be processed.
Steam, mains water and a suitable drain required. Compressed air at 6 bar for the divert valves.
200, 220 or 240 volt single phase, 50 or 60 Hz.
200 volt 3 phase, 50 or 60 Hz.
380 volt 3 phase, 50 or 60 Hz.
415 volt 3 phase, 50 or 60 Hz.
Depending on voltage, minimum 20 amps, maximum 45 amps
NB: Minimum sample required
Our highly skilled process engineers are always available to answer your questions.
You can contact us through 06 777 5300 or complete our simple form.