Plant Based Dairy Alternatives
Whether you’re processing oat, soy, rice, coconut, nuts, hemp, or a combination of ingredients, based on our extensive experience, we can help you either design and fabricate your start-up plant or upgrade your existing process.
We’ll customise our service to suit your needs and budget, from supplying new and more efficient equipment, right through to a complete turn-key solution where we design, fabricate, install, and commission a new plant.
Thermaflo has solutions to take your benchtop/home kitchen process and scale it up to commercial volumes to achieve your production goals.
We can assist you with your processing needs for:
- Milk alternatives
- Butter alternatives
- Yoghurt and other fermented products
- Ice cream alternatives
- Cheese alternatives
The typical process steps for plant-based products are:
- Dry mill / Wet mill: Your raw ingredients are incorporated into a slurry via a dry mill / wet mill process.
- Enzyme step (if required): Thermaflo will design a process that allows multiple enzyme steps and temperature profiles to provide the most flexible process possible.
- Heat treatment: Taking the type of product to be produced into account, we design the heat treatment specifically to achieve the correct temperature and holding time to suit your product. This also includes the hot water or steam boiler and control system.
- Further processing (e.g. homogenisation, culture addition, fermentation, dosing): Depending on your product, and its requirements, our design will allow it to be made at your preferred flow rate and consistency.
- Cooling: We’ll design either a heat exchange system, or in-tank cooling, designed to cool your product to your exact requirements – even those with more demanding needs due to viscosity. This also includes the chilled water package.
- Filling/packaging: Depending on your product, we supply a wide range of fillers/packaging machines specifically built to cater to your product requirements. Options range from entry-level fillers or packers, right through to fully automatic machines capable of high-volume throughput.
Optional Features: Please ask us for more information about heat recovery options during pasteurisation and cooling, as well as water-saving CIP (clean in place) solutions.
Our process team are here to help!
Please contact us on 06 777 5300 or through our contact form.
Oat Milk Plant In New Zealand Was Built By Thermaflo
“…Through a competitive process, we settled on employing Thermaflo to deliver the design and plant. Thermaflo are well known to us as they have successfully delivered many projects to The Collective since 2008.
…The result is a truly great project, delivered on time, to budget and to our expectations, to date this is the best project that Thermaflo have delivered to Epicurean and this was achieved in tough circumstances due to Covid 19.
We are very happy with the plant and our senior management are delighted with the product it makes. As such, I have no hesitation to highly recommend Thermaflo’s skills to everyone.”